Who we are
We are a UWA Guild-affiliated group of over 200 students from lots of different churches united by our love for Jesus and our desire for others come to know him too.
To proclaim Jesus Christ at UWA to present everyone mature in Him.
Evangelise: Engage every student with the good news that Jesus is King
Encourage: Grow in unity and maturity in Christ through God’s Word
Train: Equip students with the character, conviction and competence to serve God and others
Send: Send mature, equipped graduates as ambassadors of Christ throughout Australia and the world.
The UWA Christian Union upholds the fundamental truths of the Christian faith, including:
1. The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
3. The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
4. The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
5. Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
6. The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
7. The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
8. The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
9. The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.